News Stories

Congratulations to Dr. Peter Gouzouasis – Recipient of the 2020 AERA Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Learning Award
Feb 06, 2020

Dear Colleagues, It gives me tremendous pleasure to share with you the incredible news that Dr. Peter Gouzouasis will be receiving the 2020 AERA Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Learning Award from the AERA Arts and Learning SIG. The jurors were greatly impressed with Peter’s work and shared the following feedback: “Peter Gouzouasis has made […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Dónal O’Donoghue – Recipient of the 2019 Sam Black Award for Education and Development in the Visual and Performing Arts
Feb 03, 2020

Dear Colleagues, It gives me tremendous pleasure to share with you the incredible news that Dr. Dónal O’Donoghue received the 2019 Sam Black Award for Education and Development in the Visual and Performing Arts. The award is given in recognition of faculty who have made outstanding education and development contributions to (and performances in) art, […]
More

Congratulations for Successful MITACS Funding
Jan 31, 2020

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Drs. Stephen Petrina, Sandrine Han, and Postdoctoral Researcher Jennifer Zhao, for their successful MITACS Accelerate application. The team was funded $165,000 for their project titled “Case Study Scenarios and Videos for Intercultural Competence Acquisition.” Well done Steve, Sandrine and Jennifer and best wishes launching your project! Best, Samson. Dr. […]
More

EDCP Strategic Plan 2019-2024 Launch
Jan 16, 2020

More

Congratulations to Dr. Rita Irwin – Recipient of the 2019 Murray Elliott Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education
Dec 05, 2019

Colleagues, Congratulations to Dr. Rita Irwin who received the 2019 Murray Elliott Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education.  This prestigious award was presented to Dr. Irwin at the 2019 Bachelor of Education Student Awards Reception and Ceremony on November 26th. Congratulations, Rita on this outstanding recognition! Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head […]
More

Congratulations to Drs. Lindsay Gibson and Harper Keenan
Nov 12, 2019

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Drs. Lindsay Gibson and Harper Keenan for receiving 2019 UBC Hampton New Faculty Grants. These awards are designed to provide start-up funding to new scholars seeking to establish their initial research programs. Dr. Lindsay Gibson, Assistant Professor, EDCP History Teachers’ Thinking about Commemoration Controversies $10,000View Post Dr. Harper Keenan, […]
More

Congratulations to RISS Fund Recipients

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating the STEM 2020 Conference (July 9 – 11, 2020) Organizing Team for their successful grant application to the Research Infrastructure Support Service (RISS) Fund. The team was recently awarded $8,250 for “STEM 2020 Conference: Postdoctoral Research Associate for Advance Assistance with Proceedings.” Well done: co-Chairs David Anderson and Marina […]
More

Tetsuo Aoki Professorship in Curriculum Studies
Oct 30, 2019

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Bill Pinar, Professor in EDCP, on his appointment as the Tetsuo Aoki Professor in Curriculum Studies, effective September 1, 2019. The Tetsuo Aoki Professor in Curriculum Studies has a term of five years.  This honorary Professorship is established in memory of the late Tetsuo Aoki whose life-long work has […]
More

2019 EDCP Holiday Celebration Lunch
Oct 22, 2019

More

Welcome to Dr. Harper Keenan
Sep 03, 2019

Colleagues, We are delighted to welcome Dr. Harper Keenan to the Department of Curriculum & Pedagogy.  He joins us from Stanford University on September 1, 2019 as an Assistant Professor specializing in gender and diversity education.  Dr. Keenan is also appointed as the inaugural Quartermain Professor in Gender and Sexuality in Education. Please join me […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships