News Stories

Congratulations to Kieran Forde – Recipient of the 2020-2021 Killam Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
May 06, 2021

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Kieran Forde, a doctoral student in Curriculum Studies, who has been awarded the 2020-2021 UBC Killam Graduate Teaching Assistant Award. Kieran is a teaching assistant for the technology education cohort of the BEd program. This prestigious award was presented to Kieran at the May 5th Faculty Meeting. Congratulations Kieran […]
More

Congratulations and Welcome to Dr. Stella Maris Namae
Apr 12, 2021

Dear Colleagues, Congratulations and welcome to Dr. Stella Maris Namae, for her joint appointment as a Postdoctoral Fellow in Black Canadian Studies under the Supervision of David Lam Chair, Professor Annette Henry, and in Media & Technology Studies, under the Supervision of Professor Stephen Petrina. Stella completed her PhD in the Department of Curriculum and […]
More

2020 Ted T Aoki Prize for Outstanding Dissertation in Curriculum Studies
Mar 24, 2021

Congratulations The 2020 Ted T Aoki Prize for Outstanding Dissertation in Curriculum Studies has been awarded to: Dr. Blake Smith | Supervisor: Dr. Rita Irwin Dissertation Title: Being Against Disappearance: A Photographic Inquiry Through an A/r/tographic Lens Dr. Joanne Mary Price | Supervisor: Dr. Susan Gerofsky Dissertation Title: Journeying with abeyance: A Welsh Cultural Approach […]
More

Reappointment of Dr. Leyton Schnellert as Eleanor Rix Professor for Rural Teacher Education
Mar 09, 2021

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Leyton Schnellert for being reappointed as Eleanor Rix Professor for Rural Teacher Education for a second three-year term beginning September 1, 2021. The mandate of the Eleanor Rix Professorship is to better understand and respond to current problems and needs that exist in rural education, and to […]
More

Welcome to Dr. Shawn Forde
Jan 04, 2021

Dear Colleagues, The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy (EDCP) welcomes a new faculty, Dr. Shawn Forde, as an Assistant Professor of Physical Education within the Health, Outdoor and Physical Education (HOPE) Program effective January 1, 2021. Welcome Dr. Forde! Best, Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Dr. Samson Nashon
Dec 18, 2020

Please join us in congratulating Dr. Samson Nashon on his reappointment as the Head of the Department of Curriculum & Pedagogy for a second five-year term beginning July 1, 2021. As a department, we look forward to five more years of carrying out our work under Dr. Nashon’s wise leadership.
More

Congratulations to Dr. Karen Meyer on Her Retirement
Dec 17, 2020

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in extending sincere thanks and gratitude for what Dr. Karen Meyer has contributed to our Department, Faculty of Education and The University of British Columbia over the years. Dr. Karen Meyer has served in many capacities including Director of CCFI, Acting Department Head as well as Deputy Head, Director of […]
More

LJ Slovin Receives the “2020 Pat Clifford Award” from the EdCan Network
Oct 26, 2020

Dear Colleagues, Join me in congratulating LJ Slovin, a PhD candidate under Dr. Lisa Loutzenheiser’s supervision for being the PhD level co-recipient of the “2020 Pat Clifford Award” from the EdCan Network. Link to EdCan Network announcement: https://www.edcan.ca/articles/2020-pat-clifford-award-winners/ Once again, congratulations to LJ and Dr. Loutzenheiser on this outstanding recognition! Best, Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, […]
More

Congratulations to Drs. Susan Gerofsky and Kerry Renwick

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Drs. Susan Gerofsky and Kerry Renwick for their respective successful $10,000 grant applications to the Research Infrastructure Support Service (RISS) Fund. This award provides matching funds for them to hire a Graduate Research Assistant in support of their SSHRC Partnership Development Grant proposals. Dr. Kerry Renwick’s Grant Proposal […]
More

In the Media
Sep 01, 2020

Dear Colleagues, The education community has been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.  I am proud to learn of the important public intellectual role played by our faculty members – Hartley Banack, Susan Gerofsky, Lindsay Gibson, Marina Milner-Bolotin, and probably many others, who appeared in various outreach media since March 2020 sharing their views on this important topic “Education during […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships