News Stories

Kieran Forde Appointed as Provost Office Fellow, Students
Jul 09, 2020

Dear Colleagues, I am delighted to inform you that Kieran Forde, a first-year doctoral student in Curriculum Studies, is recently appointed as one of the two Provost Office Fellows in Online Learning. As the Provost Office Fellow, Students, Kieran’s role will focus on: Ensuring student feedback is represented in preparation for summer/fall online instruction. Supporting […]
More

Promotion News
Jul 01, 2020

Colleagues, I have recently received the President’s letters informing me that the following three faculty members have been granted promotion effective July 1, 2020. Please join me in congratulating them on this important and wonderful achievement. Dr. Kerry Renwick – promoted to the rank of Associate Professor, with tenure; Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin – promoted to […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Douglas Adler – Assistant Professor of Teaching Appointment

Colleagues, Following the recent search for tenure-track Assistant Professor of Teaching in Science Education, Dr. Douglas Adler has been appointed to the position effective July 1, 2020. Dr. Adler has until now been a 12-month Lecturer in Science Education. Please join me in congratulating Doug on this important appointment. Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD […]
More

Congratulations and Welcome to Dr. Jennifer Jing Zhao
Jun 29, 2020

Dear Colleagues, Welcome to Dr. Jennifer Jing Zhao, who has joined our Department as a Postdoctoral Fellow in Media & Technology Studies Education under the Supervision of Drs. Stephen Petrina and Hsiao-Cheng (Sandrine) Han. Dr. Zhao’s Postdoctoral appointment is funded by Mitacs Accelerate program. She completed her PhD studies in the Department in 2019. Dr. […]
More

Dodgeball Paper
May 21, 2020

Dear Colleagues,   Almost one year ago (June 7, 2019 to be exact), before the passing of our colleague, the late Professor Joy Butler, I shared with the EDCP community about the many interviews she had given to various local, national and international media (TV, radio and newspaper) on an important topic of bullying as regards […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Karen Lee – Recipient of the 2020 Killam Sessional and Lecturer Teaching Prize
May 11, 2020

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Karen Lee who has been awarded the 2020 Killam Sessional and Lecturer Teaching Prize. This prestigious award was presented at the May 7th Faculty Meeting. Once again hearty congratulations, Karen! Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Kieran Forde – Recipient of the 2020 Faculty of Education’s Graduate Teaching Assistant Award

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Kieran Forde, a doctoral student in Curriculum Studies, who has been awarded the Faculty of Education’s Graduate Teaching Assistant Award for his work with the BEd’s Tech Ed cohort. This prestigious award was presented at the May 7th Faculty Meeting. Congratulations Kieran on the well-deserved recognition! Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, […]
More

Ad hoc Committee on Technology, Instruction and Communication (EDCP-ACTIC)
Apr 18, 2020

Dear Colleagues, The impact of COVID-19 on delivery of courses and summer institutes has made it necessary for EDCP to form an ad hoc committee to consult on a way forward in these areas. Specifically the committee will address how we can quickly respond to requests for feedback on guidelines from the University, Faculty and […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Rita Irwin – Recipient of the National Higher Education Art Educator Award of the Year
Mar 03, 2020

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Rita Irwin who has been awarded the National Higher Education Art Educator Award of the Year by the National Art Education Association (NAEA) for her lifetime achievement. The award will be presented to Dr. Irwin at the upcoming NAEA conference in Minneapolis at the end of March […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Peter Gouzouasis – Recipient of the 2020 AERA Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Learning Award
Feb 06, 2020

Dear Colleagues, It gives me tremendous pleasure to share with you the incredible news that Dr. Peter Gouzouasis will be receiving the 2020 AERA Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Learning Award from the AERA Arts and Learning SIG. The jurors were greatly impressed with Peter’s work and shared the following feedback: “Peter Gouzouasis has made […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships