News Stories

Teaching as Research Award
Aug 08, 2019

Colleagues, Join me in congratulating our MA student Fabian Froehlich, supervised by Dr. Jillianne Code, for being a recipient of  the ‘Teaching as Research’ (TAR) Award by UBC’s Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL). Fabian’s project investigates the impact of Learning Analytics on students’ learning behaviour. Once again, congratulations Fabian! Best, Samson. Dr. Samson […]
More

Successful Partnership Grant

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Penney Clark and Dr. Lindsay Gibson for being successful co-applicants in a pan-Canadian research project entitled “Thinking Historically for Canada’s Future” that has been awarded a seven-year,  $2.5 million SSHRC Partnership Grant. Led by former UBC EDCP PhD student Dr. Carla Peck (University of Alberta), this collaborative research […]
More

InSEA 2019 Conference
Jul 05, 2019

Colleagues, Join me in welcoming InSEA Conference participants to our Department, Faculty and University.  Please note that to attend any of the presentations, you must have paid for registration.  See https://www.insea2019.org/ for details. I am pleased to see that many of our faculty and graduate students are presenting at this conference. Best, Samson. Dr. Samson […]
More

Media discourse on Guhn, M., Emerson, S., & Gouzouasis, P. (2019) research publication
Jul 04, 2019

We are pleased to share a media coverage reports for the research publication,  Guhn, M., Emerson, S., & Gouzouasis, P. (2019)., “A population-level analysis of associations between school music participation and academic achievement,” in the Journal of Educational Psychology as indicated in the select list from over 200 such articles in newspapers, magazines, and e-publications around the […]
More

Welcome to Dr. Lindsay Gibson
Jul 02, 2019

Colleagues, We are delighted to welcome a new tenure-track appointment to the Department. Dr. Lindsay Gibson comes to us as an Assistant Professor of Social Studies Education from the University of Alberta. His research focuses on various aspects of history and social studies education including curriculum design, assessment, historical thinking, historical consciousness, teacher education, inquiry, […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Susan Gerofsky
Jun 27, 2019

Dear Colleagues, Yesterday Dr. Susan Gerofsky was interviewed on the CTV Morning show on an item about ‘summer slide’ and what parents could do to help their kids stay engaged with math in the summer. Please join me in acknowledging Dr. Gerofsky’s continued knowledge mobilization through such important outreach media. Here is the link to […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Peter Cole
Jun 25, 2019

To EDCP Community, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Peter Cole for being appointed to the On Sustainability Advisory Board. For more information, please see link below: https://onsustainability.com/news/peter-cole-joins-the-advisory-board?fbclid=IwAR2LAyorxQmfD3kmieOH2iJderi3b2USDDAfZxx6zLVW9u5CmkE05vONau8 Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Drs. Gerofsky, Han and Petherick
Jun 07, 2019

To EDCP Community: Please join me in congratulating Dr. Susan Gerofsky and Dr. Sandrine Han for being promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure. As well, join me in congratulating Dr. LeAnne Petherick for being reappointed to the tenure track Assistant Professor position. Once again, congratulations Drs. Gerofsky, Han and Petherick! Best, Samson. […]
More

Professor Joy Butler’s Perspectives on Bullying and Dodgeball Game

Dear Colleagues, Professor Joy Butler has over the last five days been interviewed by various local, national and international media (TV, radio and newspaper) on an important topic of bullying as regards Dodgeball game, common in many school PE curricula.  Please listen to as well as read the perspectives Professor Joy Butler is offering at […]
More

On Sustainability Advisory Board Appointment
May 27, 2019

To EDCP Community, Congratulations to Dr. Pat O’Riley , an Honorary Associate Professor in our Department, for being appointed to the On Sustainability Advisory Board effective May 1, 2019. For more information, please see link below: https://onsustainability.com/news/pat-oriley-joins-advisory-board?fbclid=IwAR1AIFr7XcZDy-VW6VqMyOuoYwrwjzmIMVoTAcATD_eimA0X0EVGoa4mZNo Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships