The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy offers a variety of advanced courses addressing its scope of specializations.
Courses at the 300 and 400 levels are primarily for students in teacher education (BEd) and professional development (certificate & diploma) programs. Graduate students can take up to six credits at the 400 level. The Department’s undergraduate courses are coordinated with the Teacher Education Office and are accessible through UBC Student Services . Our off-campus courses are coordinated through our external programs.
Departmental course codes changed to EDCP in May 2010.
- EDCP Undergraduate Course Guide
- EDCP Graduate Course Guide
- EDCP Old–New Numbering System Guide
- EDCP Grading Policy
A listing of Research Methods and Special Topics courses offered across the Faculty of Education is available at http://ore.educ.ubc.ca/grad/current-students.
To download a record of current and past course offerings, please click on the year list below:
As of May 2010, the new Course Sequence is as follows:
- (EDCP 300-319) (400-419) Visual & Performing Arts
- (EDCP 330-339) (430-439) Humanities and Social Sciences
- (EDCP 340-359) (440-459) Mathematics & Sciences
- (EDCP 360-369) (460-469) Curriculum & Pedagogy Foundations & Theory
- (EDCP 370-379) (470-479) Technologies
- (EDCP 380-389) (480-489) Media Studies
- (EDCP 390-399) (490-499) Family Studies & Global Citizenship
- (EDCP 500-519) Research Methodology & Reviews of Research
- (EDCP 520-529) Visual & Performing Arts
- (EDCP 530-539) Human Movement, Health & Ecology
- (EDCP 540-549) Humanities and Social Sciences
- (EDCP 550-559) Mathematics & Sciences
- (EDCP 560-569) Curriculum & Pedagogy Foundations & Theory
- (EDCP 570-579) Media & Technologies
- (EDCP 580-599) Graduating Paper, Directed Study, Field and MA Thesis Courses
- (EDCP 600-699) Doctoral Seminar and Thesis Courses
For course descriptions and outlines, please go to: