News Stories

On Sustainability Advisory Board Appointment
May 27, 2019

To EDCP Community, Congratulations to Dr. Pat O’Riley , an Honorary Associate Professor in our Department, for being appointed to the On Sustainability Advisory Board effective May 1, 2019. For more information, please see link below: https://onsustainability.com/news/pat-oriley-joins-advisory-board?fbclid=IwAR1AIFr7XcZDy-VW6VqMyOuoYwrwjzmIMVoTAcATD_eimA0X0EVGoa4mZNo Best, Samson. Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Dr. Leyton Schnellert
Apr 09, 2019

Dear colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Leyton Schnellert and his team for being awarded a $195,075 SSHRC Partnership Development Grant. The grant will support their partnered research project Growing Innovation in Rural Sites of Learning. The project aims to investigate the potential for networked approaches to professional development for rural/remote educators, schools and systems […]
More

Congratulations to David F. Robitaille Endowment Research Award Successful Applicants
Mar 27, 2019

Dear colleagues, Please join me in congratulating the following for being successful applicants for the David F. Robitaille Endowment Research Awards.   PI: Stephen Petrina Co-I: Douglas Adler, David Anderson, Hartley Banack, Jillianne Code, Marina Milner-Bolotin, & Sandra Scott Title: STEM 2020 Changing the Story Amount: $11,000   PI: David Anderson Co-I Marina Milner-Bolotin Title: Investigating […]
More

ARTS (Artists, Researchers and Teachers Society) Publication Award
Mar 18, 2019

Dear colleagues, Join me in congratulating Dr. Carl Leggo (posthumously) and Dr. Rita L. Irwin who have been awarded the ARTS (Artists, Researchers and Teachers Society) Publication Award for their refereed article: Leggo, C. & Irwin, R. L. (2018). Ways of attending: Poetry and art. Canadian Review of Art Education, 45(1), 50-76. See: http://crae.mcgill.ca/article/view/48/108 This […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Alison Shields
Feb 25, 2019

Dear colleagues, Join me in congratulating Dr. Alison Shields, our recent graduate who worked with  Dr. Rita L. Irwin (supervisor) and  Dr. William Pinar (EDCP) and Landon McKenzie (Emily Carr University of Art and Design) as committee members,  for being  this year’s recipient of  “Dissertation of the Year Award” from the Arts and Learning, an […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Sam Stiegler

Dear colleagues, Please join me in Congratulating Dr. Sam Stiegler, our recent EDCP graduate supervised by Dr. Lisa Loutzenheiser, for receiving this year’s “Honourable Mention, Outstanding Dissertation Award”, Division B  (Curriculum Studies) American Educational Research Association (AERA). Once again, congratulations Sam and Lisa! Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Gerald Tembrevilla
Nov 08, 2018

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Gerald Tembrevilla, a PhD candidate in EDCP, for receiving the 2019 Mitacs GlobalLink Research Award. He collaborates with Prof Kim Gomez of UCLA and Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin (UBC)(Supervisor) on the research project title: “Technological [in]accessibility: Digital Literacy in STEM Education in the Philippines”. Mr. Tembrevilla, who recently attained candidacy, is […]
More

8th Family Math & Science Day Highlights
Nov 06, 2018

Congratulations to Marina Milner-Bolotin, Cynthia Nicol and everyone involved in the successful 8th Math & Science Family Day on Saturday, November 3rd. 400 guests and 130 volunteers attended. The large turn out on a rainy day is a demonstration of how popular this Family Math and Science Day has become. Thank you all for making […]
More

EDCP Welcomes Dr. Leyton Schnellert
Sep 01, 2018

Dr. Leyton Schnellert will be joining the Department of Curriculum & Pedagogy as an Associate Professor on September 1, 2018.  Dr. Schnellert is also appointed as the new Eleanor Rix Professor in Rural Teacher Education for a three-year term. Dr. Leyton Schnellert was previously an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Education at UBC’s Okanagan […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Andrea Webb

Dear Colleagues, Following the recent search for tenure-track Instructor I (Educational Leadership Stream) in Social Studies Education, Dr. Andrea Webb has been appointed to the position.  Dr. Webb has until now been a 12-month Lecturer in Social Studies Education. Please join me in congratulating Andrea on this important appointment. Samson Dr. Samson Nashon EdD Department […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships