News Stories

Lisa Loutzenheiser’s piece on “Bullying” in UBC News
Sep 04, 2014

Colleagues, I’m delighted that we have another EDCP member highlighted in the media. Lisa Loutzenheiser has written an informative piece bullying and the need to understand how we must differentiate different forms and contexts of bullying. Best, Peter
More

Wayne Ross public analysis of the teachers’ strike
Sep 03, 2014

Colleagues, I’m sure you will have seen the careful, thoughtful analysis of the current strike given by Wayne Ross in yesterday’s (September 2) Vancouver Sun. Wayne has become an ever-present public intellectual whose commentary and critical analysis of current events in local BC school politics is widely sought. It is most pleasing that EDCP has such an authoritative voice in our membership. Best, Peter
More

Welcome to Professor Kerry Renwick
Sep 02, 2014

We are delighted to welcome a new tenure-track appointment to the Department. Professor Kerry Renwick comes to us as an Assistant Professor of Home Economics Education from Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia.
More

EDCP Organized International Conferences, STEM 2014 and PME (2014) 38
Jul 31, 2014

Colleagues, The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy has just finished hosting and organizing two fantastically well run international conferences, STEM 2014 and PME (2014) 38. The Third International Conference of Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM 2014) took place first (July 12-15), organized by Samson Nashon (chair), David Anderson, Ann Anderson, Stephen Petrina, and Marina […]
More

Graduate Student Successes
Jul 30, 2014

Colleagues, Recently, a number of graduate students in EDCP have achieved some landmark successes in their studies. Peter Train (supervisor: Tony Clarke) advanced to candidacy in his Ph.D. Program; Heidi May, a recent graduate (co-supervisors: Rita Irwin and Donal O’Donoghue), received the inaugural Ph.D. Dissertation award from the Canadian Society for Education through Art. The […]
More

2014 Departmental External Review
Jul 25, 2014

Colleagues, On July 22nd, I sent you a copy of the EDCP Self-Study Report which is a central part of the external review that the department is undergoing.  The document has now been delivered to the Dean’s Office. Some time later in the summer, the report will be sent to the three external reviewers, Dennis […]
More

Congratulations to Wayne Ross
Jul 10, 2014

Colleagues, It is my distinct pleasure to inform you of the important public intellectual role that Wayne Ross has recently been playing in the current teachers’ dispute in the province. This morning (Thursday July 10, 2014) he appeared on CBC Radio’s The Current discussing class size research and related education policy in British Columbia. The […]
More

CST Inspired Learning Grant
Jun 27, 2014

Please join me in congratulating Susan Gerofsky, whose PLAYbook cross-faculty, community-engaged project has won a CST Inspired Learning grant <http://learningproject.cst.org>. The PLAYbook team, consisting of Susan Gerofsky, Kris Fox, a landscape architect, and Mariana Brussoni, an assistant professor of Pediatrics and Public Health at the Faculty of Medicine) is an interdisciplinary collaboration of UBC researchers and students working in close partnership […]
More

Congratulations to Wayne Ross

I am very pleased to bring to your attention a recent opinion piece by Wayne Ross, “Privatization through the back door” that appeared in the Vancouver Sun on Saturday June 21, 2014. Wayne provides a historical commentary commenting on how, since the BC Liberals ascended to power, we have been subjected to a steady stream […]
More

NSERC National Award for Science Promotion
Jun 23, 2014

Congratulations to Jolie Mayer-Smith and Linda Peterat, co-founders of the Intergenerational Landed Learning project at the UBC farm on winning the highly prestigious NSERC National Award for Science Promotion.
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships