News Stories

Advancement to Candidacy
Feb 10, 2015

Colleagues, I am pleased to announce that during Winter term 1 (2014), the following Ph.D. Students were advanced to candidacy: Brooke Madden (supervisor: Lisa Loutzenheiser) Jennifer Zhao (supervisor: Stephen Petrina) Yu-Ling Lee (supervisor: Stephen Petrina) Latika Raisinghani (supervisors: Samson Nashon/Cynthia Nicol) Ofira Roll (supervisor: Rita Irwin) Please join me in congratulating them on becoming Ph.D. […]
More

UBC Faculty of Education to Become Home to Premier History of Education Journal!

We are very pleased to announce that Historical Studies in Education/Revue d'histoire de l'éducation is coming to UBC’s Faculty of Education.
More

EDCP’s Donation to the Dadaab Project
Jan 22, 2015

EDCP is pleased to announce a contribution of $5,000 towards the Transportation Initiative for the Dadaab project.
More

ISSoTL Award for Best Poster Presented by a Student
Nov 07, 2014

Colleagues, Congratulations to Ashley Welsh, our PhD Candidate, the recipient of the “Best Poster Presented by a Student” award at the ISSOTL (International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) conference. Best, Anne Anne Phelan Graduate Advisor, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

The Dr. Katharine Borgen Annual EDCP Welcome Back Barbecue
Oct 03, 2014

took place on September 18, 2014 in tribute to Dr. Katharine Borgen’s energy and enthusiasm as a member of the Mathematics Education group and the department’s social committee.
More

Hand Stitched Quilt for Deniz Ozer
Oct 02, 2014

On September 24, at the Art Education graduate students welcome back dinner, Sandrine Han was presented a quilt designed and made by the students in the EDCP 520 for her new baby.
More

Wayne Ross’ commentary in the Vancouver Sun
Sep 18, 2014

Colleagues, Yesterday and the day before Wayne Ross has been quoted extensively on the current labour difficulties in the BC school system. Please take a look if you have not already done so. Wayne’s commentary is very sound and insightful and we are very pleased that he is representing EDCP so well in the media.
More

Honorary Doctorate in Education

On June 6th, Dr. William E. Doll, Jr., accompanied by Dr. Donna Trueit, was awarded an Honorary Doctor degree in Education, an Honoris Causa, by the University of Tampere in Finland.
More

Lisa Loutzenheiser’s commentary in the Province

Colleagues, Some of you probably saw this piece in the Province yesterday. I’m pleased to bring your attention to the fact that one of the commentaries sought was from our own Lisa Loutzenheiser. Congratulations, Lisa. Best, Peter
More

Lisa Loutzenheiser’s piece on “Bullying” in UBC News
Sep 04, 2014

Colleagues, I’m delighted that we have another EDCP member highlighted in the media. Lisa Loutzenheiser has written an informative piece bullying and the need to understand how we must differentiate different forms and contexts of bullying. Best, Peter
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships