News Stories

Congratulations to National and Regional Award Winners
Jan 22, 2013

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating three of our colleagues who have recently been given national and regional awards. Congratulations go to two of our colleagues in Art Education who have recently been given awards by the National Art Education Association (NAEA). Kit Grauer has been chosen as the NAEA National Art Educator award recipient […]
More

Joy Butler’s new book
Jan 10, 2013

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Joy Butler on her 2013 newly published volume with Routledge entitled: Complexity thinking in physical education: Reframing curriculum, pedagogy and research, that appears in the Routledge series on “Studies in Physical Education and Youth Sport”. Hearty congratulations on this splendid achievement, Joy. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, […]
More

Successful MA/PhD Defences and Advancement to PhD Candidacy
Jan 09, 2013

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Fay Bigloo (supervisor, Joy Butler) and James Miles (supervisor, Penney Clark) who successfully defended their MA theses in November 2012. Also join me in congratulating Shaye Golparian (supervisor, Rita Irwin) and Yifei Wang (supervisor, Stephen Petrina) who successfully defended their PhD dissertations in November and December respectively. And last […]
More

Liu Scholar: Blake Smith
Dec 10, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Blake Smith, a doctoral student in Art Education under the supervision of Donal O’Donoghue, who has recently been accepted as a Liu Scholar at the Liu Institute for Global Issues here at UBC. She is the first art education student to join the Liu Scholar program. The Liu Scholar program is “a […]
More

Marina Milner-Bolotin on Radio

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Marina Milner-Bolotin who was recently interviewed on Russian Radio about the suicide of Amanda Todd and how we integrate the issues of diversity and anti-bullying in teacher education at UBC. The 20 minute interview is in Russian and people called on the radio to reflect on it. It is wonderful […]
More

Congratulations to Samson Nashon and David Anderson
Dec 03, 2012

Colleagues, At the recent 2012 STEM international conference in Beijing, Samson Nashon and David Anderson were given the Best Paper Award for their paper titled: Teacher Change: The Effect of Student Learning on Science Teachers’ Teaching in Kenya. Hearty congratulations, Samson and David on this wonderful achievement! Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department […]
More

CTV news clips
Nov 30, 2012

Colleagues, Nov 28th evening and Nov 29th morning, Don Krug was interviewed on CTV News about the use of tablets in young people’s learning.  Please take a moment to look at the excerpt and join me in congratulating Don on representing both his technology expertise and the EDCP department so well in the public domain. […]
More

Penney Clark’s promotion to professor
Nov 19, 2012

Colleagues, I’m pleased to inform you that the President’s letter has been received confirming that Penney Clark has been promoted to professor. Please join me in congratulating Penney on this magnificent achievement. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Penney Clark and Stephen Petrina
Nov 07, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Penney Clark and Stephen Petrina who (with Mona Gleason of EDST) have been awarded the 2012 Founders’ Prize by the Canadian History of Education Association. Their award winning article, Clark, P., Gleason, M., & Petrina, S. (2012) “Preschools for science: The Child Study Centre at the University of British Columbia, […]
More

Congratulations to Lindsay Gibson
Sep 20, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Lindsay Gibson on achieving candidacy in his doctoral program. His committee is: Peter Seixas (supervisor), Penney Clark, and Kadriye Ercikan (ECPS). Many congratulations, Lindsay. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships