News Stories

Congratulations to Lindsay Gibson
Sep 20, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Lindsay Gibson on achieving candidacy in his doctoral program. His committee is: Peter Seixas (supervisor), Penney Clark, and Kadriye Ercikan (ECPS). Many congratulations, Lindsay. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

New Book by Peter Seixas and Tom Morton
Sep 13, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Peter Seixas and his co-author, Tom Morton on the release of their new book The Big Six Historical Thinking Concepts, published by Nelson. This book serves as a timely and important professional development resource for History and Social Studies teachers. Hearty congratulations, Peter and Tom, Best, Peter Peter Grimmett […]
More

Congratulations to Marina Milner-Bolotin
Sep 10, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Marina Milner-Bolotin who appeared in the media last week. She was interviewed on Global TV’s national series on education on Thursday September 6. To view: http://www.globalnews.ca/Pages/Story.aspx?id=6442709620. To download: http://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYeEVjNDJHa1B2WnNUQw. Hearty congratulations, Marina! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Tony Clarke’s publication

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Tony Clarke on his recent jointly-authored publication appearing in the latest issue of the Canadian Journal of Education, 35(2), 2012. Learning ‘rules’ of practice within the context of the practicum triad: A case study of learning to teach PDF Sebastien Chaliès, Guillaume Escalié, Bertone Stefano, Anthony Clarke. Hearty congratulations, Tony! Peter […]
More

Congratulations to Susan Gerofsky
Sep 06, 2012

Susan Gerofsky has been granted tenure, hearty congratulations Susan! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Adrienne Bolton-Funk

Adrienne Bolton-Funke has achieved candidacy in her doctoral program, hearty congratulations Adrienne! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Cynthia Nicol, Rita Irwin, Karen Meyer and Samson Nashon

Please join me in congratulating Cynthia Nicol, Rita Irwin, Karen Meyer, and Samson Nashon who have been awarded a UBC Hampton Partnership Development Grant.
More

Congratulations to Don Krug

Please join me in congratulating Don Krug on two events of merit. On August 31, 2012, he had the following op-ed piece published in the Vancouver Sun http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/technology+empower+learning/7171729/story.html newspaper; and on September 4, 2012, at very short notice, he appeared on the CBC Early Edition radio program (the link is not up yet) to talk […]
More

Don Krug named a university sustainability fellow
Sep 05, 2012

Please join me in congratulating Don Krug who has been named a university sustainability fellow in the UBC UniversitySustainability Institute’s Teaching & Learning Fellowship Program. This represents an important university-wide recognition of the contribution that Don and his EDCP colleagues are making to environmental sustainability at UBC. Hearty congratulations Don! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships