News Stories

CTV news clips
Nov 30, 2012

Colleagues, Nov 28th evening and Nov 29th morning, Don Krug was interviewed on CTV News about the use of tablets in young people’s learning.  Please take a moment to look at the excerpt and join me in congratulating Don on representing both his technology expertise and the EDCP department so well in the public domain. […]
More

Penney Clark’s promotion to professor
Nov 19, 2012

Colleagues, I’m pleased to inform you that the President’s letter has been received confirming that Penney Clark has been promoted to professor. Please join me in congratulating Penney on this magnificent achievement. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Penney Clark and Stephen Petrina
Nov 07, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Penney Clark and Stephen Petrina who (with Mona Gleason of EDST) have been awarded the 2012 Founders’ Prize by the Canadian History of Education Association. Their award winning article, Clark, P., Gleason, M., & Petrina, S. (2012) “Preschools for science: The Child Study Centre at the University of British Columbia, […]
More

Congratulations to Lindsay Gibson
Sep 20, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Lindsay Gibson on achieving candidacy in his doctoral program. His committee is: Peter Seixas (supervisor), Penney Clark, and Kadriye Ercikan (ECPS). Many congratulations, Lindsay. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

New Book by Peter Seixas and Tom Morton
Sep 13, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Peter Seixas and his co-author, Tom Morton on the release of their new book The Big Six Historical Thinking Concepts, published by Nelson. This book serves as a timely and important professional development resource for History and Social Studies teachers. Hearty congratulations, Peter and Tom, Best, Peter Peter Grimmett […]
More

Congratulations to Marina Milner-Bolotin
Sep 10, 2012

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Marina Milner-Bolotin who appeared in the media last week. She was interviewed on Global TV’s national series on education on Thursday September 6. To view: http://www.globalnews.ca/Pages/Story.aspx?id=6442709620. To download: http://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYeEVjNDJHa1B2WnNUQw. Hearty congratulations, Marina! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Tony Clarke’s publication

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Tony Clarke on his recent jointly-authored publication appearing in the latest issue of the Canadian Journal of Education, 35(2), 2012. Learning ‘rules’ of practice within the context of the practicum triad: A case study of learning to teach PDF Sebastien Chaliès, Guillaume Escalié, Bertone Stefano, Anthony Clarke. Hearty congratulations, Tony! Peter […]
More

Congratulations to Susan Gerofsky
Sep 06, 2012

Susan Gerofsky has been granted tenure, hearty congratulations Susan! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Adrienne Bolton-Funk

Adrienne Bolton-Funke has achieved candidacy in her doctoral program, hearty congratulations Adrienne! Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Cynthia Nicol, Rita Irwin, Karen Meyer and Samson Nashon

Please join me in congratulating Cynthia Nicol, Rita Irwin, Karen Meyer, and Samson Nashon who have been awarded a UBC Hampton Partnership Development Grant.
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships