News Stories

CAFE Award
Jul 02, 2013

Colleagues, I’m pleased to announce that Penney Clark, and her co-author Wayne Knights (a former doctoral student in EDCP), have been awarded the 2013 Canadian Association of Foundations in Education (CAFE) publication award for: Clark, Penney and Wayne Knights.  “‘Gringo Operations’: Nationalism and Capital in Canadian Educational Publishing, 1970-1981.” Journal of Canadian Studies/Revue d’études canadiennes, 45(2) (Spring 2011): […]
More

Hannah Spector wins the 2013 CACS publication award

Hanna Spector, a recently graduated Curriculum & Pedagogy doctoral student (now an Assistant Professor at Penn State University, Harrisburg campus), has been awarded the 2013 CACS publication award.
More

Further Details about 2013 SSHRC Insight Grant Successes
May 21, 2013

Colleagues, Earlier I informed you of the SSHRC Insight grant successes of Cynthia Nicol and Peter Gouzouasis. Now I have further information and wish to congratulate their co-investigators. Cynthia Nicol’s grant success was a project entitled: Living, learning and teaching in a refugee camp. Working with Cynthia on this are the following Co-Investigators: Samson Nashon, Karen Meyer, […]
More

Teacher Educator Award
May 17, 2013

Hello everyone, I am very pleased to inform you that our colleague Dr. Linda Farr Darling is the winner of the TEACHER EDUCATOR award for outstanding service, presented by the Association of BC Deans of Education (ABCDE). Dr. Farr Darling is the Eleanor Rix Professor of Rural Education. The position builds on Linda’s work with […]
More

Congratulations to the SSHRC doctoral awardees
May 16, 2013

Please join me in congratulating the following doctoral students for their success in the 2013/2014 SSHRC competition: Madden, Brooke (24 months), Prest, Anita (12 months), Royea, Diana (Canada Graduate Scholarship for 36 months), and Welsh Ashley (24 months). The Department is very proud of their success! Samson Nashon Graduate Adviser
More

Congratulations to Heather McGregor!

Congratulations to Heather McGregor, doctoral student in our department who was awarded the Northern Resident Scholarship of $10,000.00. Heather intends to use these funds for her research.  She will start her fieldwork this summer. Way to go Heather! Samson Nashon Graduate Advisor
More

SSHRC Insight Grant Successes 2013
Apr 09, 2013

Colleagues, I am highly delighted to inform you that Cynthia Nicol and Peter Gouzouasis have been successful in the most recent SSHRC Insight Grants competition. Cynthia has won funding of $459,403 over four years for her project and Peter has won $230, 075 over three years for the project he proposed. This is truly magnificent […]
More

Congratulations to Samson Nashon
Apr 08, 2013

Colleagues, Please take time to read about the EDCP involvement in the Dadaab teacher education project in today’s Metro News. http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/623847/ubc-program-to-train-teachers-in-worlds-largest-refugee-camp/ Please also congratulate Samson Nashon not only for publicizing this important project but also for being a central player in its planning and implementation. Hearty congratulations, Samson. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department […]
More

Jolie Mayer-Smith wins NSERC PromoScience grant
Apr 04, 2013

Colleagues, I’m delighted to inform you that Jolie Mayer-Smith (a full professor in EDCP officially since 2010) has been awarded a $150,000 NSERC PromoScience grant over three years for the continuation of her project “The Intergenerational Landed Learning on the Farm Project”. Very many congratulations to Jolie on this excellent project and this fine award. […]
More

Doctoral students’ successes
Mar 28, 2013

Colleagues, It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Mindy Carter, who completed her doctoral degree on May 25, 2012, has been awarded “Honourable mention the 2013 Outstanding Dissertation Award competition” of the Arts Based Education Research SIG of the AERA. She will be presented with this award at the annual AERA meeting in […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships