News Stories

Press Review for November 4
Nov 05, 2013

Don Krug was involved in a conference of the University-Based Institutes for Advanced Study (UBIAS) at the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies at UBC. The conference was about MOOCs and it was written up in yesterday's Vancouver Sun,
More

Doctoral Students Advancement to Candidacy

Please join me in congratulating the following doctoral students, Jung Hoon (August, 2013), Heather McGregor (August 2013), and Scott MacLennan (October, 2013), who have all recently advanced to candidacy in their doctoral studies. Congratulations! Best, Peter Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Bill Pinar’s new International Handbook
Nov 01, 2013

It is with great delight that I announce the publication of Bill Pinar’s latest International Handbook. The International Handbook of Curriculum Research (2nd edition) was published by Routledge in October 2013. This magnificent volume will make a huge impact on the field of curriculum studies. I quote: “Continuing its calling to define the field and where […]
More

SAC Appointment
Oct 31, 2013

It gives me great delight to inform you that Harry Hubball has been appointed to the University Senior Appointments Committee (SAC). This is a tremendous recognition by central administration of Harry’s wealth of experience both within and without UBC and it is a wonderful plaudit for the Department that we have a representative on this […]
More

EDCP Graduate Student a Co-Recipient of Award
Oct 30, 2013

I am pleased to announce that one of the Department’s doctoral students in Science Education, Ashley Welsh, was recently the co-recipient of the 2013 Allan Blizzard award given by the Canadian Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (CSTLHE) for collaborative design of a science class at the CSTLHE conference held in Cape Breton […]
More

Event Spotlight: Fireside Chat with Dr. Dwayne Huebner
Oct 01, 2013

On July 3, Dr. Dwayne Huebner visited the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy to hold a fireside chat with interested faculty members and graduate students.
More

Peter Wall Institute Arts-Based Initiative Student Competition Winner and Honourable Mention
Sep 16, 2013

Please join me in congratulating two of our graduate students: Yoriko Gillard (MA) and Natalie LaBlanc (Phd) for being winners of the Peter Wall Institute Arts-Based Initiative student competition entitled "Arts Based Conceptions of Water."
More

Samson Nashon’s promotion to full professor
Aug 01, 2013

I’m absolutely delighted to inform you that the President’s letter has just been received confirming that Samson Nashon has been promoted to full professor.
More

Additional grant application success
Jul 08, 2013

Please join me in congratulating the following students for their success in various grant and scholarship applications: Katie Gemmell – SSHRC – Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Scholarship Supervisor: Penney Clark. Thompson Mumuni – Incoming PhD – 4-year Global Leadership Scholarship Supervisor: Anne Anderson. Renee Diemert – Incoming PhD – 4–year Indigenous Scholarship Supervisor: […]
More

Fireside Chat with Dr. Dwayne Huebner
Jul 03, 2013

http://seminars.edcp.educ.ubc.ca/huebner/huebnerAll.mp4   Colleagues, I am delighted to announce that on July 3, 2013 at 2:30—4:00 pm in Scarfe room 310, Dr. Dwayne Huebner will be visiting the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy to hold a fireside chat with interested faculty members and graduate students. We will decide on the location when we know how […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships