News Stories

New Appointment: Dr. Samson Madera Nashon, Head of the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
Apr 15, 2016

Dr. Samson Nashon has been appointed as the next Head of the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy for a five-year term beginning July 1, 2016. Link to offiical announcement. We are all delighted with this appointment. Hearty congratulations to Samson!
More

Dr. Bill Pinar’s honorary doctorate at the Abo Akademie in Turku, Finland
Apr 14, 2016

Colleagues, I am absolutely delighted to announce that Bill Pinar has been selected to receive, in June 2016, an honorary doctorate in Education at the Swedish-language university, Abo Akademi, in Turku, Finland. This represents the third Finnish honorary doctorate to be awarded to members of the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy (Bill Doll and Peter […]
More

Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin’s Promotion to Associate Professor

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Marina Milner-Bolotin, who has been granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor (backdated July 1, 2015). This is a tremendous accomplishment. Marina’s professional accomplishments, outreach activities, and her service to the department and Faculty are outstanding. Hearty congratulations, Marina!!! Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of […]
More

Dr. Joy Butler’s Promotion to Full Professor
Mar 22, 2016

Colleagues, I’m absolutely delighted to inform you that the President’s letter has been received confirming that Joy Butler has been promoted to full professor. Please join me in congratulating Joy on this magnificent achievement. Hearty congratulations, Joy! Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Congratulations to Alayne Armstrong
Mar 21, 2016

We are delighted to announce that Dr. Alayne Armstrong, a PhD graduate of EDCP and SSHRC Doctoral Scholar,  has accepted a tenure track appointment as Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education in the Faculty of Education at the University of Regina, beginning July 1, 2016. Alayne completed her PhD in 2013, under the supervision of Dr. […]
More

38th UBC Physics Olympics
Mar 07, 2016

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 once again we organized a very successful 38th UBC Physics Olympics . We had almost 600 students from 59 schools all across BC, 59 physics teachers and many parents and volunteers. It was the biggest and the most successful Physics Olympics event ever. As far as we know it is the […]
More

EDCP Headship Presentations
Feb 23, 2016

Four candidates have been shortlisted for interviews between February 29 and March 11, 2016 for the next EDCP Department Head. Staff, faculty and students are encouraged to attend the presentation that each candidate will give on their scholarship and leadership, and provide feedback to the Advisory Committee. A video recording of each presentation will be […]
More

New Book Co-edited by E. Wayne Ross
Feb 11, 2016

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating E. Wayne Ross and his co-editor, Nancye McCrary on the publication of their new book Working for Social Justice Inside and Outside the Classroom: A Community of Students, Teachers, Researchers, and Activists.  This is the second volume in the Peter Lang book series, Social Justice Across Contexts in Education. http://www.peterlang.com/index.cfm?event=cmp.ccc.seitenstruktur.detailseiten&seitentyp=produkt&pk=84903 Hearty […]
More

New Journal Article by E. Wayne Ross, Sandra Delgado and Michelle Gautreaux
Feb 10, 2016

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating E. Wayne Ross and his co-authors, Sandra Delgado and Michelle Gautreaux (Wayne’s PhD students), on the publication of their journal article. Sandra Ximena Delgado Betancourt, Michelle Gautreaux, & E. Wayne Ross. (2016). La literatura infantil como herramienta para enseñar cuestiones relativas al poder, la tiranía y la justicia social […]
More

New Book Chapter by Michelle Gautreaux
Jan 26, 2016

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Michelle Gautreaux, a PhD student in EDCP has had her chapter titled “Neoliberal Education Reform’s Mouthpiece: Education Week’s Discourse on Teach for America” published in the new book News Media and the Neoliberal Privatization of Education (Information Age Press, 2016) edited by Zane Wubbena, Derek R. Ford, and Brad […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships