News Stories

Successful Grant for Catalyzing Research Clusters from the Office of the Vice President Research & International
Sep 20, 2016

Colleagues, A cluster of professors led by Stephen Sheppard (Forestry) and includes Rita Irwin (Education), Jiaying Zhao (Psychology), Maged Senbel (Community & Regional Planning), David Fracchia (Centre for Digital Media), Alan Kingstone (Psychology), Aleksandra Dulic (UBCO Creative & Critical Studies), Stephen Petrina (Education), and Stephanie Cheng (Community & Regional Planning) have been awarded a grant […]
More

Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin Selected as an AAPT Fellow
Sep 06, 2016

Dear Colleagues, I am delighted to announce that Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin has been selected to be an AAPT (American Association of Physics Teachers) Fellow. AAPT Fellowship is a distinct honor signifying recognition by one’s professional peers and is awarded to individuals who have made an exceptional contribution to AAPT’s mission to enhance the understanding and […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin
Jul 28, 2016

Dear Colleagues, I’m delighted to share with you the news that Dr. Marina Milner-Bolotin has been awarded a $20,000 USD grant by Beijing Normal University under the auspices of Future Schools in 2030 program to support her research project in collaboration with her BNU colleagues in the 2016-2017 academic year. Details of Project funded: Title: “Reimagining […]
More

Welcome to Dr. LeAnne Petherick
Jul 26, 2016

A very warm welcome is extended to Dr. LeAnne Petherick as she takes up her position as Assistant Professor (Physical Education) in the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy. LeAnne graduated from the University of Toronto with a PhD and from Memorial University with a Masters of Physical Education. Prior to joining the University of British […]
More

Congratulations to Julian Lawrence and Kimberly Baker
Jul 22, 2016

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Julian Lawrence (artist & EDCP MA student), Ching-Chiu Lin and Rita Irwin (researchers) for  receiving the Canadian Association of Labour Media (CALM) 2016 Freeperson Award for best cartoon or infographic for “Katrina’s Story: Mentorship Confidential” published in the BCTF Teacher Magazine volume 27, number 5, May/June issue (2015).http://www.bctf.ca/TeacherNewsmagmay2015/; Kimberly Baker (PhD candidate in art […]
More

Tracy Friedel’s promotion and tenure
Jun 30, 2016

Colleagues, I have just received the President’s letter informing me that Tracy Friedel has been granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor. Please join me in congratulating Tracy on this important and wonderful achievement. Hearty congratulations, Tracy. Best, Peter Peter Grimmett Professor and Head, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy
More

Promotion of Dr. Donal O’Donoghue to Full Professor
Jun 27, 2016

Colleagues, It is with tremendous delight that I can now inform you that Dr. Donal O’Donoghue has been promoted to full professor. I received a copy of the President’s letter just now. Please join me in congratulating him on this magnificent achievement and milestone. It is every academic’s goal to become a full professor. I […]
More

CSSE Graduate Awards
Jun 15, 2016

Dear colleagues, Please join me in congratulating four of our graduate students, Julia Ostertag (Co-Supervisors: Dr. Donal O’Donoghue & Dr. Tony Clarke), Brooke Madden (Supervisor: Cynthia Nicol), Latika Raisinghani (Supervisor: Dr. Samson Nashon), and Stephanie Anderson Redmond (Supervisor: Penney Clark) for receiving the Best Dissertation and Outstanding Graduate Student Paper Awards respectively at this year’s […]
More

NSERC PromoScience Funding
May 13, 2016

Colleagues, I’m delighted to share with you the news that Sandra Scott has been successful in winning $180,000 of NSERC Promo-science funding for the Landed Learning on the Farm project she now directs. This is fantastic news and a wonderful achievement by Sandra and her colleagues. The Landed Learning on the Farm project can now […]
More

Historical Studies in Education
Apr 28, 2016

Colleagues, I am pleased to inform you that the Spring 2016 issue of Historical Studies in Education/Revue d’histoire de l’éducation (HSE/RHE) has been published and is available in print and on-line at http://historicalstudiesineducation.ca/index.php/edu_hse-rhe/issue/view/433/showToc. This is the first issue published in the UBC Faculty of Education under the co-editorship of Professors Penney Clark (EDCP) and Mona Gleason (EDST). Assistant […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships