News Stories

Congratulations to Dr. Penney Clark
Oct 19, 2022

Congratulations to Professor Penney Clark for being awarded the Best Journal Article published between 2018 and 2020 by the Canadian History of Education Association/Association canadienne d’histoire de l’éducation (CHEA/ACHÉ). The award was presented to her at the CHEA/ACHÉ Conference on October 15, 2022.  The award was for: “‘The most just of all educational legislation’: Provision of free textbooks in […]
More

Shannon Leddy’s Promotion to Associate Professor of Teaching
Sep 06, 2022

Colleagues, I have recently received the President’s letter informing me that Dr. Shannon Leddy has been granted tenure and promotion to Associate Professor of Teaching, effective July 1, 2022. Please join me in congratulating Shannon on this important and wonderful achievement. Hearty congratulations, Shannon! Sincerely, Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of […]
More

Dr. Sandra Scott’s Grant Awards
Jun 27, 2022

Dear Colleagues, 1. Dr. Sandra Scott has joined the UBC Sustainability Fellowship Program and received an Interdisciplinary Education two-year grant. Sandra will work with Dr. Lindsay Rogers (co-Lead) Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Dr. Douglas Adler (co-applicant), and Sayeed Dyanatkar (Collaborator), UBC Emerging Media Lab, on an immersive interactive media project […]
More

Congratulations to Drs. Shannon Leddy and Johanna Sam
Jun 22, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Shannon Leddy (Métis Nation) and Dr. Johanna Sam (Tsilhqot’in Nation) who have been newly appointed co-editors of the Canadian Journal of Native Education (CJNE). Read more. Congratulations to both! Sincerely, Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Dr. Sandrine Han Named the Recipient of the 2022 CSEA/SCÉA Provincial/Territorial Affiliate Award for British Columbia
Jun 09, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Sandrine Han who has been named the recipient of the 2022 CSEA/SCÉA Provincial/Territorial Affiliate Award for British Columbia. The Canadian Society for Education through Art aims to promote excellence in art education, and therefore, presents awards to art educators who achieve excellence in art education. The  CSEA/SCÉA Provincial/Territorial Affiliate Award acknowledges excellence in […]
More

Dr. David Anderson Receives the Ohori Satoshi Memorial Award from Japan Museum Management Academy
Jun 07, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. David Anderson on his receiving the Ohori Satoshi Memorial Award for Development of Museum Management, from Japan Museum Management Academy (JMMA). The award was presented at the annual conference of JMMA, June 4-5, 2022. The Ohori Satoshi Memorial Award is given annually by JMMA (Japan’s National museum […]
More

Dr. Harper Keenan Selected as a 2022 National Academy of Education (NAEd)/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellow
Jun 06, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Harper Keenan who has been selected as a 2022 National Academy of Education (NAEd)/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellow with a buyout of US$70,000. The fellowships are administered by the US National Academy of Education, an honorary educational society, and they are funded by a grant to the Academy from […]
More

Nicole Lee Received Two Outstanding Dissertation Awards
May 03, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Nicole Lee, a recent EDCP PhD graduate, who has won two outstanding dissertation awards: The 2022 Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies (CACS) Outstanding Dissertation Award – to be presented at the upcoming CSSE conference in mid-May. The UBC Ted T. Aoki Award for Outstanding Dissertation in Curriculum […]
More

Dr. Jillianne Code receives UBC Killam Teaching Prize
Apr 14, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Jillianne Code who is one of the recipients of the 2021-2022 UBC Killam Teaching Prize. Read more Congratulations on this significant achievement, Jillianne! Sincerely, Samson Dr. Samson Nashon, EdD Department Head & Professor of Science Education
More

Congratulations to Dr. Lorrie Miller
Apr 06, 2022

Dear Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Dr. Lorrie Miller and co-editor, Wenona Giles, who will be receiving The Jackie Kirk Award from the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) on April 7, 2022 for the edited book collection entitled: Borderless Higher Education for Refugees: Lessons from the Dadaab Refugee Camps. They will accept the […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships