News Stories

Celebrating Canada 150+: An Art Exhibition
Aug 24, 2017

Colleagues, Dr. Anna Kindler, one of the EDCP faculty members, is having an exhibition of her works: CanadiAnna – Celebrating 150+,   at the Robson Square until September 3, 2017.  If you have time, please make the effort to visit her exhibition. The exhibition is available for viewing between 7am-10pm Monday through Friday and 7:30am […]
More

Book Chapter by Aurelia Kinslow
Aug 23, 2017

Colleagues, Congratulations to Aurelia Kinslow, EDCP Doctoral Candidate, who has had her chapter titled “Performing Landing: Place, Pedagogy, and Transformation” published in the new book Transforming Our Practices: Indigenous Art, Pedagogies, and Philosophies (National Art Education Association, 2017) edited by Christine Ballengee Morris and Kryssi Staikidis. Well done, Aurelia! Samson Samson Nashon Department Head & […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Cynthia Nicol
Aug 03, 2017

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Cynthia Nicol has been appointed the David F. Robitaille Professor in Mathematics and Science Education for a three-year term (September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2020). The Robitaille Professorship was established under the leadership of Dean Nancy Sheehan — to honour former department Head of CUST/EDCP, David Robitaille — in […]
More

Congratulations to Drs. Anne Phelan and William Pinar
Jul 06, 2017

Colleagues, Join me in congratulating Dr. Anne Phelan and her Co-Applicants including Dr. Bill Pinar on being awarded a SSHRC Connection Grant of $24,060 to support a two-day symposium in October 2017 entitled Reconceptualizing Teacher Education Worldwide: A Canadian Contribution to a Global Challenge.  Applicant: Dr. Anne Phelan, EDCP Co-Applicants: Dr. William Pinar, EDCP; Dr. Ruth Kane, University of Ottawa; Dr. […]
More

Congratulations to Dr. Tracy Friedel
Jun 29, 2017

Colleagues, Dr. Tracy Friedel, Associate Professor, will be taking a leave of absence (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019) to serve as the Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Studies at Mount Royal University in Alberta. Her research will focus on culture, environment and sustainability. See http://www.mtroyal.ca/AboutMountRoyal/MediaRoom/Newsroom/TracyFriedelResearchChair.htm. Congratulations Tracy on this significant career achievement! Samson […]
More

Welcome to Dr. Jillianne Code
Jun 26, 2017

Colleagues, We are delighted to welcome Dr. Jillianne Code, a new tenure-track appointment to the Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy effective July 1st.  Dr. Code comes to us as an Assistant Professor of Media and Technology Studies Education from University of Victoria, B.C. She has a strong background in Learning Technologies which is informed by Educational […]
More

Congratulations to Chessa Adsit-Morris
Jun 23, 2017

Colleagues, We are very pleased to congratulate Chessa Adsit-Morris (MA, 2015) on her newly-published book with Palgrave Macmillan.  It is based on her AERA-award-winning Masters thesis in our department.  Chessa is currently pursuing a PhD at the University of California, Santa Cruz in her home state of California. Well done, Chessa! Adsit-Morris, C. (2017). Restorying Environmental […]
More

Curating as a Condition of Art Education
Jun 07, 2017

Colleagues, I am delighted to inform you that Dónal O Donoghue is the guest editor of the special issue entitled “Curating as a Condition of Art Education” in Visual Inquiry Learning & Teaching Art. This recently published special issue includes articles that contribute in different degrees to both the theory and practice of art education […]
More

Congratulations to Drs. Peter Cole and Kerry Renwick
May 23, 2017

Colleagues, I have just received the President’s letter informing me that Dr. Peter Cole has been granted tenure and promotion to Associate Professor, effective July 1, 2017. Please join me in congratulating Peter on this important and wonderful achievement. Please also join me in congratulating Dr. Kerry Renwick for being reappointed as a tenure-track Assistant […]
More

2017 Recipient for the Herbert T. Coutts Distinguished Service Award
May 15, 2017

Colleagues, I am very pleased to announce that Dr. Rita L. Irwin will be receiving the 2017 ‘Herbert T. Coutts Distinguished Service Award for outstanding service to the Canadian Society for the Study of Education’. This prestigious award will be presented to Dr. Irwin at the annual CSSE meeting to be held in Toronto this […]
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships