News Stories

Celebration of Don Krug’s Life
Apr 19, 2017

Colleagues, It is with deep sadness that I report the passing away of Professor Don Krug on April 2, 2017 at age 60. Professor Krug was born at Sheboygan, Wisconsin on Jan 23, 1957 . With expertise in art education and technology studies, Professor Krug joined The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy, Faculty of Education, UBC on October 1, 2002. […]
More

WANG, Yifei
Apr 05, 2017

More

MACDOWELL, Paula

More

Congratulations to Natalie LeBlanc

Colleagues, It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Dr. Natalie LeBlanc (PhD, 2016) will be receiving the Arts Based Educational Research Award for Outstanding Dissertation at the upcoming AERA Annual Conference. Moreover, her dissertation received a runner-up distinction by the National Art Education Association for the Elliot Eisner Outstanding Dissertation Award at its […]
More

Journal Article by Stephanie Anderson
Apr 04, 2017

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Stephanie Anderson, doctoral candidate, on the publication of her journal article. Anderson, S. (2017). The stories nations tell: Sites of pedagogy, historical consciousness, and national narratives. Canadian Journal of Education, 40 (1): 1-38. Well done, Stephanie! Anne Anne M. Phelan Professor and Graduate Advisor
More

39th UBC Physics Olympics
Mar 07, 2017

We had a very successful 39th UBC Physics Olympics on Saturday, March 4, 2017.  Next year we will hold 40th UBC Physics Olympics – so it has become an amazing tradition. As always EDCP and the Department of Physics and Astronomy collaborated on the event. We had 69 teams with about 8 students per team […]
More

Book Chapter by Michelle Gautreaux

Colleagues, Please join me in congratulating Michelle Gautreaux, a PhD student in EDCP has had her chapter titled ” Revitalizing the Common(s) in New Mexico: A Pedagogical Consideration of Socially Engaged Art” published in the new book Educational Commons in Theory and Practice: Global Pedagogy and Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2017) edited by Means, Alexander J., Ford, […]
More

Congratulations to Sandra Crespo, EDCP Alumna
Feb 23, 2017

Colleagues, I am most pleased to inform you that Sandra Crespo (PhD 1998) was recently promoted to full professor at Michigan State University (MSU) and this year she is one of the ten professors at MSU to receive the 2017 William J. Beal Outstanding Faculty Award, and the only one from MSU’s College of Education. Sandra […]
More

Congratulations to our New Distinguished University Scholar
Feb 17, 2017

The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy is extremely pleased to announce that Dr. Rita Irwin has been appointed as Distinguished University Scholar at UBC. This appointment is made to a select group of exceptional members of faculty at the University who have distinguished themselves as scholars in research and/or teaching and learning. The designation is […]
More

G+PS’ Recognition of Doctoral Exam Chairs
Feb 16, 2017

Congratulations to Drs. Anthony Clarke, Samson Nashon & Anne Phelan who have been recognized by the Dean and Vice Provost of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for their contributions serving in the role of the chair of doctoral examinations between January and December 2016. We look forward to having more members being recognized.
More

media-filter_icon_50

News Stories Filters

faculty students graduates sessional staff conferences events
appointments awards & achievements grants in the media promotion publications scholarships